- recycling 1 kg of aluminium saves 8kg of bauxite, 4kg of chemical products and 14 Kilowatts of electricity
- the energy saved by recycling 1 aluminium drink can is enough to run a television for three hours
- in 2007 the UK generated 144,000 tonnes of aluminium packaging waste (source: defra)
Every minute of every day, an average of 113,200 aluminium cans are recycled (source: thinkcans.net)
- the average household uses 3.2kg of aluminium cans a year - that's about 208 cans
- if all the aluminium drinks cans recycled in the UK last year were laid end to end, they would stretch from John O'Groats to Land's End 140 times
- an aluminium drink can contains four different aluminium alloys: the can body, can end, ring pull and the rivet attaching the ring pull
For more great facts visit our fact sheet pages in the news and facts section.