Banana Bread recipe: Use up overripe bananas
The 23 February is “National Banana Bread Day”. The recycle-more Team are thrilled that there’s a national day to celebrate one of our favourite sweet treats!
Making banana bread is a great way to use up any overripe, spotty bananas that might be lurking in your fruit bowl, and means that they won’t get thrown in the compost or rubbish bin. This is another reason why we love banana bread so much, as its very existence actually helps to reduce food waste.
To celebrate this special day we thought we would share this delicious recipe, which has put together by a member of our recycle-more Team and tried and tested many times over:
Top (banana) tip:There is no need to buy green bananas, as by doing so you have to wait ages until they’re delicious enough to eat. By wrapping the stem of a bunch of bananas in cling film you will help them to stay yellow for longer. This also helps to prevent them from ending up in your rubbish bin.
- ♪ Have yourself a very eco Christmas ♪
- Reducing your footprint on the go
- Reducing my impact on the environment: Sustainable fashion
- Reducing single-use plastics: Toiletries
- Reducing single-use plastics: Food
- Desert island risks: Henderson Island
- Don't Discriminate Against Ugly Veg!
- Hap-pie Pie Week
- Be kind to your Mum and the earth this Mother’s Day: Our top ten ethical gift ideas
- Banana Bread recipe: Use up overripe bananas
- How to be less wasteful on Pancake Day
- Inspiration: Building a Bottle Bird Feeder
- Recycling small batteries - a problem with human motivation
- Upside down tomato-a-go-go - Demonstrating rubbish as a resource
- How to make a potato battery
- Saving the green way
- Greening up for grown ups
- The man drawer recycling challenge
- Nine ways to make re-use and recycling fun for kids
- Ten ways to re-use plastic bags
- Ten ways to a greener summer holiday
- Circular Economy
- Ten ways to a greener festival experience
- Be green this Easter
- Love doesn't have to cost the earth on Valentine's Day
- A Green Halloween