Love doesn't have to cost the earth on Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day offers a great opportunity to show our love for one another, but lets not forget how much we care about the environment too - Love thy Valentine Love thy Earth.
Next step, why not make your cards and picture frames from recycled materials. A simple but effective way to promote re-use and recycling. And when you are finished with the thousands of Valentine's you will receive, you can recycle them!
If you are looking for gifts for your Valentine, why not choose a fabulous recycled gift. You can find thousands of products that will be perfect for your one true love, all made from recycled materials! Add beautiful bags, wonderful jewellery and even some pet products to your fully recyclable jute shopping bag, and add that special edge to your Valentine gift!
Show that your love will last forever and buy a beautiful house plant instead of flowers. It saves packaging and lasts a lot longer!
Planning a romantic meal for two? Check out the recycle-more kids activities to keep the kids entertained for a few hours!
Remember to keep those recycled tissues to hand to mop up any tides of emotion!
Wrap presents in recycled paper. Alternatively, you could treat the love in your life to a gift without the wrapping - How about wine tasting for two or enjoy a tour of an English vineyard - Perfect for wine lovers!
Sending an e-card instead of a traditional card is even better for the environment and there are many sites where you can do this for free.
Roses are red, violets are blue, recycling is something we all can do
- ♪ Have yourself a very eco Christmas ♪
- Reducing your footprint on the go
- Reducing my impact on the environment: Sustainable fashion
- Reducing single-use plastics: Toiletries
- Reducing single-use plastics: Food
- Desert island risks: Henderson Island
- Don't Discriminate Against Ugly Veg!
- Hap-pie Pie Week
- Be kind to your Mum and the earth this Mother’s Day: Our top ten ethical gift ideas
- Banana Bread recipe: Use up overripe bananas
- How to be less wasteful on Pancake Day
- Inspiration: Building a Bottle Bird Feeder
- Recycling small batteries - a problem with human motivation
- Upside down tomato-a-go-go - Demonstrating rubbish as a resource
- How to make a potato battery
- Saving the green way
- Greening up for grown ups
- The man drawer recycling challenge
- Nine ways to make re-use and recycling fun for kids
- Ten ways to re-use plastic bags
- Ten ways to a greener summer holiday
- Circular Economy
- Ten ways to a greener festival experience
- Be green this Easter
- Love doesn't have to cost the earth on Valentine's Day
- A Green Halloween