Organisations that export to another country or have a presence overseas may need to comply with environmental legislation in that country.
Who is affected ?
- Have a UK head office and export products
- Have a physical presence e.g. sales office in another country
- Sell goods to consumers in other countries via the internet/mail order
- Plan to expand operations beyond the UK
- Mark the Green Dot on their packaging
What do you need to do ?
If you find that your organisation needs to comply with environmental legislation overseas then you will need to:
- Register with the relevant authority or compliance scheme in that country
- Submit data within the required time frames e.g. annually, quarterly, monthly
- Make a financial contribution to the recovery and recycling of materials in that country
If you think your organisation may be affected by environmental legislation overseas and you would like some guidance or advice, please call our friendly team on 03450 682 572 or complete our enquiry form.