Energy can be a significant cost for an organisation. Managing energy usage effectively can be complex but when properly executed can lead to improved operational efficiencies, reduction in energy consumption and ultimately cost savings.
What is Energy Management ?
Energy management is the process of monitoring, controlling and conserving energy. Typical activities involved in energy management include:
- Metering your energy consumption
- Detailed analysis of energy consumption data to identify opportunities to make savings
- Setting targets for energy reduction
- Raising employee awareness
- Reviewing progress against targets and making continuous improvements
What are the benefits ?
The benefits to be gained from effective energy management include:
- On-going cost savings
- Increased asset value
- Improved environmental performance
- Reduced carbon emissions
- Positive PR opportunities
- Certification to ISO 50001 energy management standard