Electricals and Electronics
- Many local authorities now offer kerbside recycling for small electrical items. Visit the recycling locator for more details on where you can your electrical items
- Some retailers will take back old electrical items when they deliver, ensure you enquire when purchasing
- There are now lots of re-use networks in place where you can offer electrical items for others to re-use
- Mobile phones can be recycled through phone retailers and charities like Oxfam
- You can sell your unwanted gadgets, such as iPad's, tablets, games consoles etc. through websites like Gadget Mill and Plunc
Try to get broken electrical and electronic items repaired rather than throw them away. Buy durable items with long life cycles.