- Bottles and jars are usually separated by colour: brown, clear and green
- Place in the correct colour bin (Unless there is a mixed colour glass collection)
- Recycle your blue glass with your green glass
- Wash out bottles and jars, remove caps and corks before recycling (avoid wasting water, use your washing-up water)
- Light bulbs, Pyrex-type dishes, windowpanes etc. should not be put into glass banks
- For further information about glass please visit our glass recycling page
Re-use jars for storage. Most supermarkets have glass banks; therefore, recycle alongside your weekly shop. Please visit our recycling locator to find out where you can recycle near you!