- There are over 50 different types of plastics
- Most local authorities provide recycling facilities for HDPE and PET plastic bottles
- Many bottles are made from PET and HDPE including milk, shampoo, detergent and drinks bottles
- When recycling, don't forget to wash and squash your bottles
- Some supermarkets have collection points for recycling carrier bags
- Click here to view more details about plastic recycling, including a plastic ID chart
Advice:Re-use plastic carrier bags or use a long-life carrier bag. Buy in bulk to reduce packaging.