- Over 1 million cars are scrapped in the UK each year
- On average 75% of a vehicle is currently recyclable
- Scrap merchants are able to recycle old vehicles
- Fly tipping is an offence and abandoned vehicle owners can be traced through the DVLA!
- Visit www.gov.uk/guidance/elv for details of the End-of-Life Vehicles legislation
- Companies such as http://www.metrosalvage.co.uk offer details on how to depollute cars
Advice:Abandoned vehicles can be reported to your local council, who can also provide advice on disposal.