GET INTO THE SPIRIT OF HALLOWEEN AND SCARE YOUR FRIENDS, NOT THE ENVIRONMENT!
- Check out our spooky tips below for a green Halloween
- Decorate the house with some ghoulish puppets made from rubbish.Click here to find out how
- Making a Jack-o-lantern? Don't forget that the pumpkin flesh can be used to make tasty treats. Click here for some scarily good recipes!
- Remember to compost your pumpkin after Halloween so it can help future pumpkins to grow!
- Looking for a fancy dress costume? Take a trip down to the charity shop and see what your imagination can create?! An old bride's or bridesmaid's dress can make a great 'corpse bride' or a 'fairy princess' costume and an old cushion and coat can be turned into the Hunchback of Notre Dame!
- If you're planning on having food at your Halloween party try to avoid using disposable plates and cutlery or click here for information on compostable cutlery
- Try decorating your house with materials that are easy to recycle or reuse, such as pumpkin paper chains. Click here to see how to make one. Try to use recycled paper or perhaps newspaper
- "Trick or Treat"? Decorate an old ice cream tub or other pieces of packaging to carry your Halloween treats!
- 'Treat' the environment and recycle your costumes and decorations. Find out where your nearest recycling facility is by clicking onto the recycling locator, or simply save your outfit to use again next year
Have you got a great idea on how to recycle-more at Halloween? If so email the recycle-more team, or why not send us a photo of your recycled Halloween costume?