TEN WAYS TO RE-USE PLASTIC BAGS
- Create art work. 'Polar Bear and Cub', made from carrier bags, was exhibited at The Recycled Sculpture Show 2008
- Knit a bag out of your old carrier bags
- Make yourself a pair of summer sandals
- Design and build your own kite, which you could decorate with ribbons made from plastic bags and tin foil milk bottle tops etc
- Make a rain coat
- Have a go at making Homer's D'oh-Nut Trophy. Click here to download the instructions
- Make decorative flowers
- Give your dog a stylish new look by making them a new dog leash
- Use them to line your bin
- Make a door snake by sewing a tube of cloth, cram it full of plastic bags, then sew up the ends. Use it to prevent drafts from gaps under doors. Not only a good use of the carrier bags but also good for reducing energy bills and consumption
Reduce, re-use and recycle!
Please also remember that many supermarkets now offer a service to recycle carrier bags in store.
Please help to reduce, re-use and recycle!
The Recycle-more Team received an email suggesting that plastic bags could be used as a recycled moisture barrier for grass and live roots, which means that you don't have to buy expensive waterproof membranes. Excellent suggestion! Thank you for getting in touch.